Skip to main content

Mock at yourself :)

The latest Airtel ad is something which has caught my attention. Few months back the famous 4G girl who popped from just anywhere to promote the Product had suddenly become omnipresent! The ads were getting monotonous and one of my cousins mocked saying that 4g mobiles could download only 'Rockstar'( coz all the ads showed just that movie's name). We thought it was just us, but many like us had started hating the ad and the young lady sounded irritating ( no offense).
And then few weeks back some new set of ads were launched. The girl is shown in a remote location and declares that she is on vacation so no '4g yak yak'.Suddenly a villager is shown using airtel 4g and the girl goes 'not again'!!! The ad brought a smile on my face. Product is the same with the same front face, but different perspective. It is also made known to the world that they are aware of the audiences' irritation. The girl and the ad are famous yet again(in a good way)!

There are many famous personalities who take a jig on themselves and it works in their favor.
So what is it? One basic attribute is Acceptance. Once you accept the way world sees you, you are ready to work on yourself. If you have a good image, you work towards the better. If you have a bad image , you work on improving the same. In the process of improving you may have to mock at yourself and that in turn will not only make you stronger, but will also make the world love you for what you are!!

So... Happy Mocking!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review- The Sialkot Saga by Ashwin Sanghi

When one of the best authors churns out his thoughts where fiction is mixed with history and also has a philosophical angle, we get a book which is an absolute page Turner! Again I will go by the attributes my review would be based on: Language: Impeccable is the word. Story and Pace: It's like a watching a movie where you can't wait for the suspense to unfold. You feel what the characters feel. Emotions, courage, power everything is demonstrated beautifully. There was one point I was questioning the need for exploring Hastinapur angle, but in the end I did get my answer. Pace of the story rarely slows down. One gets to witness various events, starting from India's Independence to the Mumbai attack. Political angle given to characters gives an opportunity to the readers to have a glimpse of India's political change, right from Indira Gandhi's time to Modi's. It is indeed a point to think on how GK(bookish one) can rather be taught in a story fo...

I AM- Proud to be a woman

I have been in existence, Forever and ever. I have seen it all, I'm unstoppable like a river. I know what happiness is, And I know what is misery. I'm not the one to fall, I can unravel life's mystery. I'm the petite girl, You would want to hold. Watch it! Hurt me, You will see my side untold. I can make you smile, And I can cry with you. I'm like the sunshine, And I'm like the dew. I'm the Kali, Oh so fierce. I'm also the calm Sita, Whom you revere. I'm the one about whom, A lot is said and written. Praise me or Criticize me, I am Proud to be a WOMAN!!! Regards, Srilekh

Power cut 'Memories'

I remember my childhood when in summers there was a specific time and duration for what we call 'power cut' in late evening. And that was time we all used to wait for. Our parents made sure we completed our homework by then, all their house hold work completed. When the moment came, lights went off everywhere. And an uproar of 'light gayiiiiii' was heard across. All the kids were out on the street. The only lights were candles at home, oil lit lamps at temples, moon and star shine. Hide and seek was best played like this. All the ladies used to gather and gossip, men used to discuss politics or office. Balconies and streets were filled with people. Everyone knew everyone. Teenage gangs played Antakshari and most of the time it was boys v/s girls version. If one was slightly more knowledgeable and wanted to show off, planets, stars, bikes were discussed. There were some days when we didn't go to play, but used to sit with mom dad and granny and listen to a story or...